Coaches are important educational leaders in our schools, communities, and universities. The Sport and the Growing Good (SGG) podcast provides embedded, front-line insights on winning and positive development. The SGG podcast can be heard here and on all major podcast platforms.
What happens when families and communities come together every weekend for youth sports games? SGG presents ten minutes of condensed Saturday morning basketball action. What do we hear in these ten minutes?
1. A community of volunteers coming together…running concessions, coaching, running the clock;
2. Parents meeting each other and developing relationships;
3. Young athletes cheering for each other and have fun playing a game together;
4. A kid getting a bloody nose;
5. Teammates communicating with each other and coordinating their actions on the court;
6. Parents cheering for their teams;
7. Coaches giving the players instruction, encouragement, and correction during the game...and across the years.